- develop the means and scientifically grounded approaches towards extending the human lifespan and improving the quality of livelihoods under conditions of technogenic, incl. radioactive, environmental contamination, and
- develop robust agricultural methods and techniques to enhance crop production and farm animals’ resistance against adverse effects of contaminated environments.
Pursuing the above objectives we:
- study the mechanisms and biological effects of low doses of ionizing and non-ionizing radiation to understand the overall impact of the existing environmental situations in different Belarus regions on living organisms;
- study behavioural regularities of radionuclides and other contaminants in ecosystems, their incorporation into food chains and accumulation in living organisms;
- develop the means and tools for reducing the negative effects of unfavourable environments on living organisms.